1. I lost my 18-year job at our local hospital in August when they decided to close down transcription and outsource it all.
2. I had to set up a home office from scratch on short notice, costing over $2000 with no severance pay to help with the expense and get used to a much smaller salary.
3. I started a new job where half of my dictators are English-second-language folks and it is a huge learning curve trying to understand what they are saying.
4. Our 3-year-old border collie died of epilepsy.
5. My 91-year-old mom developed a stress fracture and we are considering moving her to assisted living.
6. My sister lost her job to outsourcing as well.
7. Our debit card was hacked again.
A Carson of my own would have been so helpful. But I am a different person today than I was in August, and it’s all because I don’t have a Carson to handle everything for me, and maybe that's a good thing. Hmm... why am I suddenly in the mood for a cup of nice hot tea?