- The composers. Thank you for sharing your talent. I can't imagine what it would be like to have that gift.
- The printers who printed the sheet music.
- The musicians. I can picture you as kids, some of you kicking and screaming as you were driven to music lessons. It paid off, my friends!
- The parents of the musicians. Thanks for making them go!
- The music teachers of the musicians.
- The conductors. Keeping everything together to fulfill your vision of what the music should be about.
- The makers of all the instruments.
- Those involved in making the CD, financially and artistically.
- The radio station that chooses to broadcast classical music when it is not the most popular music around.
- The Toyota factory that made the radio for my car.
Monday, April 17, 2006
So many people...
The acknowledgments at the Hollywood awards shows are common joke fodder. On my trip to Winterport today, though, I spent two hours listening to the most beautiful symphonies on the radio, and though I have never met the people involved, I just have to thank...